Friday, August 29, 2014

Date Night


There was a slight second this week where I was worrying that my husband wouldn't be getting this four day weekend off. Luckily, things worked out and here we are relaxing and spending four whole days of the Military not taking my husband away from me. It's truly nice. We normally wait and go to town to do something on the actual weekend itself but we ended up doing something last night a few hours after him getting home.

First let's back up. I had a pretty productive day before last night. I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen and doing dishes. Let's just say that our stove top really needed it because we have both been putting off cleaning that monster. It looks nice now though, haha. I then went through all of our "personal documents" to make sure I had everything we need for when we PCS. Just missing one thing but I know who has it so it won't be a big deal getting it. Then I went grocery shopping and it was a success! There was hardly anyone at the Commissary, everything was fully stocked, and I didn't have to wait in line at all. 

I'm in the midst of making a PCS binder, and not to brag (okay this might be bragging a little bit), but this one is like the monster of all PCS binders. Everything I could possibly need is going in this thing, and boy is it greatly organized. I'm damn proud of it if I might say so myself. I'm one for freaking out and letting my anxiety get the best of me. The PCS binder I'm making is helping calm my nerves like you would not believe. It's going to be my life saver during this move. Once it is complete I will be posting all about it. I personally haven't seen many posts of PCS binders that has everything I would want/need in it. I basically took four example binders, put them together, took some stuff out and added some things of my own. Hence, the monster reference above. So be on the look out for my detailed post of how to make the same one that I did! Now back to date night...


Have you ever been to a drive in movie? I have always wanted to go to one. The fact that they are just getting shut down instead of new ones being made makes the rush on this more important. Last night the husband and I decided to escape base and go out to dinner at Chili's, then watch TMNT at the drive in theater just outside of base! 


The view of the stars was amazing from the parking lot. There were only a few other cars their besides us. We had our folding chairs in the trunk, so we just sat in those and popped our trunk to listen to the radio station that is used to broadcast the sound to the movie. It was pretty neat. The only downside was that the car next to us was a couple with 5 or 6 kids that they let cry, scream, and run around everywhere. It was so distracting and frustrating. But at least I got to cross another thing off my 101 Things To Do In 1001 Days list!

Have you ever been to a drive in theater?
Have you made a PCS binder before?

Image Map