Sunday, February 16, 2014

How I Made My Dad A Part Of My Wedding

For those of you that don't know, my Dad passed away when I was 15 years old, in 2008. That itself is a long story, and if you don't know about it but would like to, I have written about it on my blog before. You can read it by clicking on the links below.

Of course, there were a lot of disadvantages to losing my Dad so early in my life. He wasn't there anymore, which was especially sad during big life events of mine like graduating high school, going to college, and getting married. When it came to my wedding day, I was going to make sure that my Dad was still a part of my wedding. I wish he could have been there, but I did what I could to have him there.

How? Well, I got a candle made.


My Aunt was the one who married us,
and when it was time for her to walk down the isle
before the ceremony, she carried it down the isle with her,
to then set it on a table at the end of the aisle. That way he was a part of the ceremony.


At the ceremony, there were many tables for guests to sit at.


A smaller table, at the end of the rows is where the candle was sat for the reception.
With the candle, was a picture of my Dad and I when I was very young.
There was one chair at this table, and one place setting.
A table in memory of my father.


This set up meant the world to me.
My Dad may not have been able to be there the day that I was married,
but I made sure he was there in heart. R.I.P. Dad.