Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicken & Cheese Manicotti


I have to say, I'm super happy that I added a recipe section to my blog! I love sharing delicious food with all of you! Plus it's a place I can keep some recipes in case I forget about them! Well, I have been dying to try another recipe out so I could post it, and here it is.... Chicken Manicotti. This recipe is simple, and fun to make. I'll admit it is a little challenging not to break those noodles, but it is possible (hell, I made it, you can too). I did go more simple, and made it with canned chicken. If you want it to be more homemade, then really, don't hesitate to make your own shredded chicken. It definitely wouldn't mess this up. Other than the food ingredients, you will be needing a casserole dish, and non-stick cooking spray.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (for inside)
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (for on top)
A dash or two of salt & pepper
1 24-ounce can of Pasta Sauce
1 cup of shredded chicken
1 cup of Ricotta cheese
6 Manicotti noodles
1 tsp of Oregano
1 tbsp of Basil
1 egg

Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and boil a pot of water. Carefully add the six manicotti noodles until cooked. Try very hard throughout the process to not break any of the noodles.
2. While noodles are cooking: in a bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir all and mix well (For the ricotta, I personally do not like the taste or plain ricotta, so I always add seasonings to it. This does not have to be done, it is just my taste).
3. Once manicotti noodles are fully cooked, carefully strain water from them.
4. Spray your casserole dish with the non-stick cooking spray.
5. Fill each manicotti noodle one at a time with the chicken and cheese mix you made in step two. Carefully do this. Take your time with stuffing them, you do not want to break the noodles. After stuffing a noodle, place it down in the sprayed casserole dish.
6. Once all noodles are stuffed and placed into the casserole dish, pour your sauce evenly on top of the stuffed manicotti.
7. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese on top of your dish.
8. Put the dish into the preheated oven, and cook for approximately 30 minutes.

 I obviously made this dish with garlic bread, but feel free to pair it with any side that you would enjoy. This serves enough for two people to eat, and be full! My husband and I both started off with two stuffed noodles, and I was stuffed after that! He had to eat my third one along with his-he was definitely full after that meal.

PinterestTwitterInstagram.