Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Every Day Survival Kit

I have been challenged by a unique company, Man Crates, to create my own survival kit. Now let's not get too literal with this folks, this is just for fun! This survival kit doesn't have to be full of knives, flashlights, and MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat). It can be filled with whatever items I find to be essential to me with how my life is now, not how my life will be when I'm stranded on an island or being chased by zombies (or both, yikes).


1 // Camera: My camera is fairly new in my life, but it's without a doubt a necessity nowadays. If I'm going somewhere where I know I'm going to want to take good quality photos, and not cell phone quality, it comes along. It's also what I mainly use for my blog photos.

2 // Phone: I feel like this almost has to go without being said. It comes along everywhere with me. I hate to be one of those people who clings to their phone all the time, but that's pretty much me folks. If I'm not talking to someone, I'm texting, instagraming, taking pictures, playing games, and researching. I freak out a little bit when I forget it at home.

3 // Patches: Yes, a stuffed animal made this list. It isn't just some random one though, it's a build-a-bear (if you don't know what that is, please look it up, they're fantastic). The husband and I made one together on our honeymoon. When you press his paw, I can hear my husband tell me he loves me. I sleep with this every night, and it means the world to me. His normal attire is camo boxers, but he has a full uniform including the boots and beret. 

4 // Stress Relief Candle: I'm a sucker for candles, but this one is my all time favorite. It's not a secret that I can get easily stressed out, but this candle really does help relieve the stress. Its scent is so relaxing and calming, and helps get rid of my headaches. It's amazing.

5 // Flip Flops: Years ago I found the most comfortable sandal I've ever had the pleasure to walk in. It formed to my feet and lasted for a long time. Eventually though the strap broke, and I was devastated. I went to great lengths to find the exact same kind and buy them again. I wear them so often that I have a permanent sun tan line from them.

So back to Man Crates - What in the world is it? It's a manly present with some awesome categories, like Zombie Survival Kits. They're filled with manly things like knifes, jerky, beer, and video games. Don't waste your time with wrapping paper, just get a man crate where he has to pry open a box to get his gift! Seriously though, how awesome does that sound? Pretty awesome to me.

What would be in your survival crate?

Image Map