Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just A Girl Is Now Sunflowers & Love


Ladies and gentleman (if there are any gentleman reading this?). The blog has changed! The blog I started with, Just A Girl, has finally transformed into a completely new blog! After hours of prepping, working, making graphics and thinking up a new name, it's officially complete! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows over here trying to get the process going. I came into many frustrating bumps in that rainbow. Some of my fellow bloggers already know about this. Especially Elizabeth, and all the wonderful women that I have in the lower right corner on this page who have swapped buttons with me. It has been my own little version of hell for the past 24 hours. My blog wouldn't work with BlogLovin', my comments weren't transferring over, and my e-mail thought I was sending spam mail because of the messages I sent to my button swap ladies. Let's just say it ended up being a lot more work than I had expected!

Yet, here we finally are! So, I'm guessing you are wondering what in the world is with this name change?! Well, before I tell you that I'll tell you a tiny bit of history behind my old blog. Just A Girl was named after a No Doubt song. Growing up I have a lot of memories listening to No Doubt and Gwen Stefani, and always related to that song of theirs. I thought it was appropriate. Now the new name, Sunflowers & Love has a different story behind it. Just A Girl is in my past because, well, those memories are all in the past. I've grown up, I'm now married and have a completely different life than I had before. Sunflowers & Love represents everything that I have to come in my life. If you haven't noticed already, there is a "Travel" section under the header now. In the years to come we will be doing a lot of that, and I'm excited to add that section to the blog. 

Why sunflowers, and not some other kind of beautiful flower?
Well, if you haven't already read in previous posts of mine, my Dad passed away years ago. Sunflowers were his favorite flower, and because of that, they have become a part of my life in a sentimental way. They remind me of him and the good memories that we made. I even have a tattoo of a sunflower in memory of him. The love part of the title, represents that I will be spending my future with the love of my life. Yes, he is still in the Army and there will still be a good section of this blog dedicated to that part of my life with all those experiences and the advice I have to share. This title also represents my outlook on life, and how excited I am about the bright future that lays ahead of me.