Friday, May 30, 2014

Life Has Been A Little Crazy Lately...

I've decided to just write a simple post today, letting all you out there know what has been going on lately in our lives. There's been quite a bit, at least it feels like a lot since there normally isn't much haha

Bye-Bye Military Life?
First off, Hubs and I have decided that he re-enlist in the Army. That's right, I'm going to be an Army wife for another three years (that's how long I'm guessing he's re-enlisting for anyway). We have been going back and forth trying to decide if re-enlisting was the best thing for us, or if we should head out into civilian life. There was even a point where we were 99% sure we were leaving Military life for good. That all got flipped around when we thought a little bit more about what would happen if we would do that. Where we would go, how we would move, jobs, etc. We came to the conclusion that we would stay in for a while longer because it was the best thing for us at this time. This was one of the things that was stressing me out the most. I don't like not knowing what is going to happen in the future. The more I know, the more comfortable I am. And us swinging back and forth between two major life decisions was driving me insane! I had plenty of break downs because of this, but I am so glad that we have made a final decision on it now.

Happy One Year Anniversary!!! 
Yes, that deserves three exclamation marks. I would put more but I don't want to go too crazy over here. Our first wedding Anniversary is coming up in July!!! I am so freaking excited about this. It's crazy to think that we have almost been married for a whole year already. Time goes by so fast nowadays, doesn't it? Originally, our anniversary was going to be kind of sad, and I was upset about it. Since we were possibly getting out of the Military, we were going to use our leave in July to visit another state so Hubs could talk to a future employer, and we could both get a feel of the town and look at houses there. It would've been taking most of our money to go on this business like trip so there wouldn't be much left for any kind of celebration. We would most likely have gone out to eat. Which isn't a bad thing to do, just about everyone goes out to eat to celebrate something and it's tons of fun to do so. I just wished we could do a bigger celebration since it's our first anniversary. 

Now that all of that has changed with us deciding to have the Military take over our lives for a few more years, we can actually spend that money on a trip for our celebration! This led to us trying to think of what to do, and we have finally picked that.....

We Are Going To DISNEYLAND!!!
Yes, this gets three exclamation marks too, because I freaking love Disney anything. And honestly, come on, you should know this by know. Hubs and I went to Disneyland for our Honeymoon, so going there for our Anniversary sounded like a fantastic idea! Why not go back to where we spent those magical first moments as a newly married couple? Planning this trip though, has almost been the death of me along with deciding to stay in the Army. It's expensive to do anything fun, so I had to make a budget for our trip. Along with that, I decided to reevaluate our monthly budget so we could save even more money. I hate to admit this, but I'm someone who freaks out about money. I have a huge fear of being in debt or broke, so paying a lot of money to do something or get something almost gives me a heart attack. My Mom finally convinced me that we are able to do this trip, and that we should because come on, it's our first anniversary,  and that's special. So, prepare for lots of Disneyland pictures for my Instagram followers, and readers prepare for a post all about the wonderful time we have there!

Hubs and I on our first trip to Disneyland together, when we were just dating.

Wait, You're Coming To Visit When??..
We have had family wanting to come visit like no other. They are all suddenly contacting us and they want to see us ASAP. Don't get me wrong, I love the company. But that means I have to hurry and get everything situated and make the home look like it isn't lived in, but like it's on display for people to awe at. Basically, this next week and a half is going to be full of events and visits. I'm happy about it! But I would be lying if I were to say it wasn't adding to my stress as well. 

After all of these events and visits, before we know it we will be in Disneyland, celebrating our anniversary. All of this planning will be so worth it. I'm so excited!

Have you ever been to Disneyland? 
What's your favorite thing to do there?