Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Stove Top Lasagna


Look good? I sure hope it does. Let me tell you, it was delicious and gone within two days. I made it the other night which we ate until we were stuffed, and we had the leftovers the next day. I have to say this will be a meal added to the "make frequently" list. I'm also excited to add another recipe to that sad genre on my blog. My lovely Zuppa Toscana recipe will no longer be lonely ha ha.

Ingredients:
1 pound of Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage (can you tell I love this stuff yet?)
2 cans of Hunts Four Cheese Pasta Sauce (each can has 24oz)
About half a package of lasagna noodles
2 cups of Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with Philadelphia
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning

Instructions:
1. Boil water, break up the lasagna noodles into about 1/4 or 1/5 the size than the normally long one. Then add noodles to boiling water and cook.
2. Cook sausage in a 3 quart sauce pan, and break up sausage into tiny pieces while cooking.
3. Turn your stove heat to medium and add 1 can of sauce to the meat while stirring.
4. Mince the cloves of garlic and add to the meat sauce.
5. Add half of the cooked noodles to the sauce pan and stir it into the meat and sauce.
6. Add half of the second can of sauce to the mix and stir in.
7. Place the rest of the lasagna noodles onto the dish, and stir so that meat sauce is covering most of all the noodles.
7. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese onto the dish, turn off the stove, place the lid on your sauce pan and let it sit while the cheese melts (this is where I cook up the garlic bread to go with it, and clean).

And after the cheese has melted, go ahead and dish that baby up and enjoy!
If you couldn't tell, I love cheese. So I added fresh grated Parmesan!

Let me know if you try this, and what you think!