Friday, February 7, 2014

Early Valentine's Day

For the past week, I have known that my husband was planning something for us to do during this four day weekend that we had. I knew that it was going to be an early Valentine's Day celebration because he will be working on the actual holiday. I had a feeling it was something that was going to be from my 101 Things in 1001 Days list, and I also knew it was going to be an all day event. I'm normally pretty good about guessing surprises, but this time congratulations goes to my husband. I didn't figure it out this time! He had successfully surprised me ha ha. It turned our he had planned for us to go to the San Diego Zoo. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we did it! At the end of our day at the zoo, he took me to "our" restaurant, Buca Di Beppo. We shared an amazing pasta dish with the best cheesy garlic bread I have ever had, and then a nice big slice of cake to share. Here is our wonderful little day date in pictures.

Flamingos!
The birds were so cool! 
The waterfall in the background was just a plus.
Hubby and I taking a picture in the bird exhibit. 
Elephant!
We were a little annoyed with the begging ducks.
Giraffes are so cool!
Gorilla time!
 The lions are gorgeous.
 A baby panda with his mom.
This Zebra new some pretty cool tricks.
Red Panda, Hubby's favorite.
 Can you tell he's excited? lol Goofball. 
 I was excited to see the Polar Bears!
It was nap time.
 Saw the Navy Base on our trip!
 Our crazy huge dessert!
Hand comparison! It was so yummy!