Saturday, February 8, 2014

Discovering New Blogs, The Liebster Award!

First off, thank you Breanna for nominating me for my first blogging award! What a super fun idea! I have come across this award on some fellow bloggers pages before, but being nominated is a different experience. First off, I love answering questions so this is extra entertaining for me, and second, it gives my readers a little more of a look into who I am and what I am like. So what is Liebster anyway? In a German dictionary it could be defined as sweetheart, darling, beloved, or dearest. What a sweet word, and award! 
Rules for Award:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 new people who have under 200 followers.
5. Let them know they are nominated, and no tagging back.

11 Facts About Myself:
1. I'm in love with just about anything Disney related. I go crazy at Disneyland and wish I could visit Disney World again. Disney movies never get old for me. My husband and I even went to Disneyland for our honeymoon!
2. If I could, I would go out to eat for every meal. Who wouldn't want someone else to cook amazing food for them all the time? But I am trying to cook more often (hence the recipe section of my blog, this motivates me to cook more).
3. My birthday, my mothers, and one of my best friends are all in the same month. I think that's pretty cool.
4. My favorite color is blue. There has only been one time in my life where it was another color (green), and I quickly realized I couldn't give up blue and switched back.
5. I met my husband in High School, and we got married three years later in July 2013.
6. I love Pinterest, it is so much fun and I have found so many awesome ideas and items on that site! Tons of our wedding ideas came from there, and I find many house decor and items that I found inspirational. It really is addicting, feel free to look and follow my account by clicking the circle "P" button under my picture.
7. I'm a total romantic. And a cheesy one at that.
8. I'm such a nerd. I love anything technological. Hence, why I started my blog. That and the fact that I like writing.
9. I have a horrible memory. My blog is one of my ways to keep memories down that I want to remember.
10. I've had a lot of huge life events happen to me, like my dad passing away when I was 15, and me even being in a coma. It really is quite a long list.
11. My favorite type of foods are Mexican and Italian. Can never go wrong with either of those.

Breanna's Questions For Me:
1. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
This one really got me thinking, good question girl! I would have to say that I would have liked to witness man landing on the moon. To be there during that moment.
2. What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
I'm going to pick one each. Outdoor, during the summer I love swimming. Indoor, I love just cuddling up and watching movies.
3. Would you want to know the exact day and time of your death?
I would say no. If I knew I would be so stressed. The anticipation leading up to it would drive me crazy.
4. What is your favorite smell?
I love the smell of the stress relief items from Bath and Body Works. So relaxing.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world and not have to worry about money, where would it be and why?
A huge house with a beautiful view of the ocean. The exact location I'm not sure of.
6. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you want to play you?
When I'm younger, I would say Dakota Fanning. And then later it would have to be Alexis Bledel. My Mom and I always said Gilmore Girls was our life.
7. What is your dream job? 
Something that I enjoy, and that also helps others. I'm hoping to become a counselor.
8. Did you make any New Year's resolutions? If so, how are they going?
I'd say my New Years resolution was to become serious about blogging. How do you think I'm doing?
9. What has been your biggest challenge in life so far?
I would say learning how life is supposed to be. Growing up seeing an abusive relationship has affected how I view people, and trust I have for people. Overcoming my insecurities and being able to trust people has always been hard for me. I can honestly say that I have improved a lot, and my husband has had a huge part in that.
10. If you could pick any superpower what would you choose for yourself?
Invisibility would be kind of cool. I honestly cannot ever pick a superpower ha ha.
11. Where's Waldo?
You tell me?

People I'm Tagging:
2. Kelsey @ Pardon My French
6. Kerri @ Two Of A Kind
10. Kim @ Through These Eyes

My Questions For Them:
1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
3. How are you, really?
4. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
5. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
6. Would you rather live in the country or the city? Why?
7. What is your favorite joke?
8. What is the best decision you have ever made?
9. If you could change anything from your past, what would it be?
10. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
11. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?