Monday, February 3, 2014

2013 Reflection & The First 10

I've realized that I haven't even reflected on the last year. It's February so I am going to say that I'm not too late to do this post ha ha. Why I didn't think to do this post in January I will never know, but at least I remembered now. So, 2013. I would say this year was a really big year for me. There were a lot of decisions made and a lot of changes. Way more than the years before 2013. 

I had already been engaged for 6 months when 2013 started. I started the new years off with the fiance (at the time) on the base that I live on now. I took my first long bus ride during that trip. Across California for the most part. I ended my first job at Ross. Let me tell you, I couldn't have been happier not working at that hell hole any longer. It was horrible. I had also started my last semester at my hometown college.

This was my first day of my last semester in that College.

Less than a month after that I acquired a job at Krispy Kreme. Our town was opening one up and I went in to apply, and two interviews later I was at my first day of training. That job was a lot better than my previous one. It was actually fun. They made sure that you liked working there. After several months though, they didn't understand the need to let go some of their workers. At first it was okay to have a lot of workers because they were super busy, and open 24 hours. After it slowed down and we were open during the day only though... It was time to let people go. I, along with many others, started only getting a few hours of work. I was working four hours a week. Not even worth the gas to get there and back. 

I know I didn't write about this, but look at something I did in 2013!
What a cute kitty.

Once it was about a month away from our wedding, I turned in my letter of resignation. I felt so free! It was such a great thing to do, especially since it was close to the wedding date. I knew I would be stressed out enough that last month of planning and making sure everything was ready. Plus, I had more time to spend with friends before the wedding and move.

My last day working at Krispy Kreme. Don't take that pout seriously.

In July we got married. You can see our wedding pictures >>here<<. After the big day, we headed off to Disneyland for our honeymoon! I am a complete Disney fanatic so I was so excited to spend such a special time there. My Mom & Dad did the same thing for their honeymoon, along with my grandparents too. I guess you could say it was kind of a tradition too. By choice. We had a blast on our honeymoon. But after a few days it was time for me to head home for my last days there, and for him to head back to base.

Our Mr & Mrs pins we got in Disneyland.
A cast member got our hats embroidered for free!
Waiting in line for Splash Mountain!

After a short time, it was time for me to pack all my things and leave. Hubs got to come up and help me move, and I have two of my best friends help us move all the boxes into the moving truck. A long drive later, and many boxes later, we were officially moved into our first place together. 
Our picture after we moved into our first place.
My Mom and I taking a break from unpacking at Starbucks!

After moving here, I adjusted to life on an Army base. I have visited home twice, and we have gone to Disneyland for my 21st birthday, and spent our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as a married couple. 
My first alcoholic beverage after turning 21!
At The Rainforest Cafe!

That was as short as I possibly could sum up the last year. Glad I could find pictures to add in.
I'm looking forward for what the rest of 2014 has to bring for us.



And now... For part of my 101 Things in 1001 Days.
Here are the first 10 questions of the 50 questions to free your mind.

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
Well this is an incredibly odd question. I guess still 21. Old enough to drink legally but still young.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. If you don't try, how do you know you wont succeed?

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do?
I don't like anything that I don't do already... So i have no idea about that part of the question. But as for doing things that we don't like, sometimes you just have to get by things you don't like in order to get to the good parts. Life isn't all about what you like. There are always sacrifices.

4. When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
I don't think so. I'm 21 and I can honestly say I have done quite a bit of things that I have set out to do. And I still have a lot of things that I plan on doing in my life.

5. What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?
I'd say the way people treat each other.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Comedy maybe? Although that wouldn't make you happy necessarily. This is a good question. I guess making others happy in some way. If I make someone else happy it always makes me feel good about myself and life in general. Happiness is contagious. 

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
For what I'm doing? I don't know how to take that question. I'll just answer it how I think they are asking. Like where I am in life right now. I'm really happy where I am. I'm traveling, meeting new people, having a good time, and doing it all with the man that I love with all of my heart. I wouldn't trade this life for the world. There's no way this is settling for anything.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Oh it would be so different. I probably would have gotten married even earlier. Like they did way back in the day. Like 15. But the person wouldn't by who I am married to today. And I probably wouldn't be happy in that relationship. I would be trying to do everything possible as soon as possible. I would probably already have a kid too. Things would be incredibly different. It sounds really depressing actually. I don't like it.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I can say that I didn't expect to be where I am today. But all the choices I made were my choices. I chose to be here because this is where I want to be in my life right now.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I would say doing the right things.