Monday, October 6, 2014

I've Hit A Bump In The Road

So, to be honest... I had originally written this post about how I have become discouraged with my blog. How I've been begging my brain to give me something to write about, and if it doesn't, then I might as well basically stop. I thought to myself, "I've hit a bump in the road. I'm stuck in a well and don't have anything left." I wrote all about how I felt, and that I wasn't sure how often I would be on here anymore.

Not even half an hour after saving the post and scheduling for it to post on Monday, someone wrote on my blogs Facebook page...


My mood completely turned around. I can't stop writing on my blog, what was I thinking? haha.
I may not always feel like I am helping, or entertaining others with the posts I make, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. Just this one simple little comment about how much I have helped one person made me feel so much better. Amazing how one simple thing can have an affect on someone isn't it?

This is one of the reasons I started my blog and write posts about Military life and whatnot. It's hard when you're new to it, or experiencing a new part of it like your first PCS move. When I moved onto a base and submerged myself into Military life, it was hard. It's a lot different and there aren't a lot of resources out there. This is what I love, helping someone. Even if it's a simple way of doing so.







----- On a side note, here's a tiny bit of new things we've been up to lately. -----

The husband and I went out to dinner for his birthday. He's finally able to drink alcohol at a restaurant, so he ordered a few things he's never had before while we ate out at Outback Steakhouse. See the sleeping man in the background between us? Yeah, he's not really sleeping. Silly.


We made Piña Coladas and some seriously delicious chicken nachos the other night.



Those nachos though... Best idea ever, and so easy to make! It's probably going to become a regular thing around this house.