Thursday, March 6, 2014

Books In Progress

I used to read books all the time. One after the other, taking them on trips, to school, to work. I love reading, but I have realized that I don't read as much as I used to. I can't remember the last time I finished reading a book. Thinking over that fact, I didn't like it. Reading is good for you, and it's fun. After feeling down about that for a while, I decided to change it. On my Pinterest Wish List board, I had the book Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul. I sadly didn't receive it for Christmas, but just a little while ago I got one in the mail from a family member. I felt almost as if it was a sign that I was right in wanting to read more. I immediately opened it up and got lost in the pages. It felt so good to be reading a good book again. 


About half way through the book, I decided to read another book as well. After all, the Chicken Soup book isn't a story line book, it's people's experiences. I would easily be able to read an interesting story and this book, switching off when I felt like a change was needed to keep me entertained. I then remembered a book that my husband bought me last time we were running around Barnes & Noble like little kids at a playground. I had only read about a chapter in and decided I should pick it back up and stick to it along with the Chicken Soup book. Boy, what a good decision. 


Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. This book immediately caught my eye on the shelves with it's creepy looking cover. I'm always reading mystery and love story books. Or Chicken Soup books. What a great change. I love creepy movies and television shows, so why not expand that genre into my books that I read? Seemed great to me. I picked up reading this book once I reached the saddening title An Officer At The Door in the Chicken Soup book. I certainly didn't feel like crying and I knew it was inevitable if I read on through that chapter. Now, I'm on chapter four of Ransom Riggs truly peculiar book. 

I'm so happy that I decided to pick up reading again. Another entertaining thing to do, and it certainly is a good thing for my brain. While I'm sitting here rambling on about two of my favorite books in progress at the moment, I might as well point out a book that is one of my favorites. 


My Sister's Keeper is such an amazing book, which led me to my new favorite author, Jodi Picoult. I currently have a ton of her books now, some read and some on the list of what to read. For some of you, this title may be familiar because there was a movie made based on this novel. But like most book based movies, it does not do it justice. This book is amazing, such a fantastic heart warming story. It is the book I recommend to everyone. So, go read it. You won't regret it. 

Are there any books that you swear by? Tell me about them! I'd love to know.






Image Map